Growing for 37 Seasons in Northern Colorado

2012 Dates: Saturdays, May 19 to October 27

Time: 8 a.m. to noon

Location: 200 W. Oak Street, Old Town Fort Collins

More info: http://www.larimercountyfarmersmarket.org/

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Vendor Profile: GG's Recipes

By: Patrick Miller, Master Gardener



As you enter the farmers market, you can’t help but get a feeling like you're entering a fair. It’s EXCITING! All your senses kick-in and you see happy faces, smell wonderful foods, hear the sound of peppers roasting and people chatting. It’s almost a sensory overload for me.



Then my nose starts to “hone-in” on a delicate, and very different scent--one of fragrant Asian spices. It is a sweet but tangy smell that is unique. I can almost taste the chili peppers in this wonderful concoction, drifting on the air. Then I look up (after wandering through the market with my eyes closed, trying to locate the smell using just my olfactory glands)!


Finally I find it and I think I’m in heaven. G.G’s Recipes is the place! Red Dragon Asian Sauce and Dressing is locally made by business co-owner chef George Gastl. With three years at the LCFM, George has plans to open a restaurant in Old Town, expanding his product list available at this market and stores throughout the Front Range. This would be a great addition, based on the results of their first product, which is a proven winner. It's so good, I can't get enough!


Visit their website at: http://www.ggrecipes.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment